Saturday, April 25, 2009

In Honor of Poetry Month

Because my girls are into music and singing, I encourage them to write creatively and to write poetry because I think they could easily become songwriters with these skills if they so choose. 

As a special Poetry month program My oldest daughter has been attending a free 4-hour poetry & creative writing workshop at one of the libraries in our city. She's been so excited to attend every week, I am sorry to say the class ended today. I gathered together some special gifts for the teacher because she showed such dedication to my child, and I really appreciated it.
 
One assignment my children have  for spelling is to write a song, poem, or story using their spelling words. My eight year old daughter sent me this poem she wrote using 8 of 20 spelling words. Hubby saw it thought I wrote it, and thought it was even advanced for me.

It's Called The Sun

A party of amazement when the light comes and visits your home you demonstrate your gentle rivers high balance and are happy it came to your address .

1 comment:

  1. Your daughters seem very talented, good for them! By the way, I met you at the UBP this year and was inspired by your blog. That's why I have nominated you and your blog for the Attitude of Gratitude Award. Please stop by my blog,
    Home Decorating News
    and read the post, Attitude of Gratitude Award. Keep up the good work, Jewelry Rockstar!

    ReplyDelete