- Babies who latch on better (although I am a mom who nurses long-term, this is the third child who is giving me the business getting the process started right)
- Another pain pill (nothing stronger than motrin, narcotics make me crazy).
- Friday to come, so the project we have in house can come to an end (my husband is doing most of the work, but I've been doing a smidgen from my perch on the couch.
- To be able to sleep in my bed again (the bed is not comfy because of my incision).
- My older children to understand that it is NOT business as usual around here (the trips to the library are really at the bottom of my list right now--hubby took them though).
- A bucket to contain all the love and joy I feel for my new baby, and our new family.
Tuesday, October 27, 2009
Well I had the baby! I am home with my munchkin. We arrived back at the homestead on Sunday. I am recovering from my third c-section, so I mostly stay on the couch. Except for today, I did way too much and now I regret it. I had to take the munchkin to the doctor, which then turned into a trip to the hospital across town for lab work. Don't worry all was fine. It was just a standard check up. Here are some things I need right now:
Wednesday, October 7, 2009
This is reposted from one of my Favorite Bloggers Tea n' Honey Bread
I'm so excited to be able to present this giveaway to my blog readers. As an aspiring author, blogger, avid reader and collector of children's books, I leaped at the opportunity to introduce my readers to this expertly written and beautifully illustrated masterpiece.
In the early 1950s, legendary baseball hero Jackie Robinson literally "tested the ice" for his kids who so eagerly wanted to skate on the frozen lake near their home. Under Sharon Robinson's skillful authorship and Kadir Nelson's vivid illustrations, TESTING THE ICE also becomes a stunning metaphor for her father's remarkable racial breakthrough. Learn more about Sharon Robinson and illustrator, Kadir Nelson's journey [here]
Prizes: (Click image to enlarge) Grand prize valued over $50 USD: Kidorable hat and gloves set and a copy of Testing the Ice. Four (4) additional winners will receive a copy of Testing the Ice.
How to enter: 1. Leave a comment on this post with the title and author of your (child's) favorite children's book (1 entry) 2. Become a follower of Tea & Honey Bread (2 entries) 3. Write about and link (very important) this giveaway on your blog, twitter or Facebook! (3 entries). The Testing the Ice prize pack and book giveaway is available to US residents only. Winners will be randomly chosen on Wednesday October 21st, 2009. Good luck!